Friday, December 19, 2014

Welcome to a New Speech Therapy Block!


Hello and welcome back to the 2014-2015 school year!

 My name is Beth Ng, and I will be the speech-language pathologist (SLP) this year at your child’s school! I’m excited to begin a new therapy block and hope that your family is excited as well. I am hoping to see your child approximately once a week for 20-minute sessions. These times are estimates as I have other responsibilities that occasionally interfere with therapy, and I am only at your child's school once a week. The current therapy block will run from December – March, and we will re-evaluate the need for therapy following this therapy block. If your child progresses quickly, he or she may graduate from speech therapy earlier!

With this blog, I am hoping to keep you updated on what activities were completed during speech therapy. You will find tips and tricks to help your child learn how to improve his/her speech and language skills.  If you could spend 5-15 minutes each day practicing these skills, it will really help with progress. Plus, home practice increases the chances that your child will correctly use these skills at home as well as school. Following every session with your child, I will be sending home a quick note letting you know what we worked on in speech and the "goal" we are practicing in therapy. I have split this blog up into the common goal areas. Each area will include information, tips, and tricks for working with your child at home.  Below I have provided links to the introductory posts for each area and the themes or activities we may be using during the week.

What's Happening This Week
Cycles
Sequencing and StoryTelling
Grammar
Fluency
 
Please feel free to call me or e-mail me at any time. If you have lost my contact information, the classroom and resource teachers should have access to that information. Typically, e-mail is the best way to get ahold of me. If you prefer the phone, I am more frequently in the office on Thursday and Friday afternoons; however, this time may be spent in consulting with other professionals or for meetings, so please make sure to leave a message with your name, your child's name and school, a number at which you can be reached, and your reason for calling. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment